As suggested by Michel de Hey‘s Podcast (can’t remember if it was #55 or #54), I tried the new studio album by Mark Broom, called ‘Acid house‘ (Saved records, UK). From the moment it hit my decks, I was blown away by the fresh, funky tech house sounds (I know, the album title is somewhat misleading, in a way). The album consists out of 15 unmixed tracks, and – as a bonus – a 16th mixed track, containing all the previous tracks (in a different order). Really one of my favourite releases of this fall. A must have!
One of my favourite artists right now is definitely Kaiserdisco. These guys do not only produce massive tech house, but they also have great DJ sets and brilliant charts. I usually follow their charts at Resident Advisor, but I decided to pick the most recent chart and post it in my blog.
The chart of September 2010 is the so called ‘10 Great Talents Chart‘ and contains many uprising stuff. Please listen to the tracks and enjoy the ride.
- Martin Dawson – Double six (Ramon Tapia remix)
- Loko – Lakura (original mix)
- Raditz Room – Untitled 02
- Matthew Hoag – Flor de Verano (Cashmere remix)
- The Junkies – No matter where (original mix)
- Alessio Mereu – Pandemy (original mix)
- Norman Zube – Ruido
- Luca Agnelli – Desire (original mix)
- F.Sonik – ZuluMal
- Kaiserdisco – Jaana (original mix)
This is a track, greatly supported by Kaiserdisco and others (I have heard this track in many of their podcasts). ‘Arrow and Bow‘ by Oliver Koletzki and Fran (Stil Vor Talent, Germany) has a massive remix by Marek Hemmann. Listen to the entire release below.
It’s June already, so time for some charts of the month May. It has been a good month, full with nice deep and progressive tracks. Too much to choose from (in contrast to previous charts), but this is my definite top ten:
- Office Gossip – Strangers [Winding Road Records]
- Paul and Fritz Kalkbrenner – Sky and Sand [Bpitch Control]
- Lovebirds – Gentle [Teardrop Recordings]
- Paul Keeley – Life Aquatic [Anjunadeep]
- Guy J – Lamur [Bedrock Records]
- PROFF – Breathe (Bart van Wissen remix) [Brown Eyed Boyz Records]
- Proff and Mango – 5th in Blue (Proff Mix) [Unreleased Digital]
- Mango – Good Morning Track [Mango Alley Recordings]
- Bloc Party – Signs (Armand van Helden remix) [Wichita]
- Einmusik – Atl Antis [Einmusika Recordings]